choose the best meaning
- privileged officialdom
adj.) originating in the country or region where found, native; inborn; inherent
- (v.) to unearth or bring to notice
- (v.) To kill in a brutal or Violent manner.
- (n.) A person's ability to recover from or adapt to difficult times.
- (n.) Atmosphere; mood; feeling.
- (adj.) The condition of being commonplace or ordinary, somewhere in the middle between high and low; a very ordinary person
- (adj.) of or pertaining to a tailor or his work; having to do with clothes or dress (especially men's)
- (phrase) political unrest.
- downward spiral
- (v) (informal) to believe sth, esp. an idea that many other people believe in
- (n.) Compromises
- rein in
- (v.) to swing back and forth with a steady rhythm; to fluctuate or waver.
- reap benefits
- (n.) state of being reserved o not talking about one's true thoughts
22 True/False Questions
(n.) small rivers or streams that flows in to a larger river or stream; a branch of the river → tributaries
(informal) an old joke or story that has been told so many times that it is no longer amusing or interesting → buy into
(n.) A liquid used as a drink. → beverage
tatty → (adj.) Miserable, poor, inferior, not as good as someone else
(n.) a person who cuts down trees for a living. → beverage
flit → (v.) to move lightly and quickly from one place or thing to another.
(n.) something that is necessary to an end or to the carrying out of a function → prerequisite
(v.) Make (a doubt, feeling, or belief) disappear → dispel
ravage → (v.) to destroy, lay waste, ruin; (n.) ruinous damage, destruction
(adj.) entangled → enmeshed
allure → (v.) to entice, tempt; to be attractive to; (n.) a strong attraction; the power to attract, charm
(adj.) very dirty, covered with dirt or soot → fraught
(adj.) Miserable, poor, inferior, not as good as someone else → lousy
(adj.) full of or loaded with; accompanied by → grimy
(n.) enjoyment or satisfaction; something that adds a pleasing flavor; (v.) to enjoy greatly → rein in
jaded → (adj.) wearied, worn-out, dulled (in the sense of being satiated by excessive indulgence)
(n.) the quality of showing no compassion or pity → ruthlessness
(n.) someone engaged in a profession (law, medicine) → logger
(n.) Wandering around → vagabonding
(phrase) Very different from. "His personality is a far cry from his father's." → a far cry
when an event or situation has a knock-on effect, it indirectly causes other events or situations; also: domino effect → flit
stay abreast of → collect, earn a positive result (e.g Since you worked so hard during the semester, you are reaping the benefits of all your hard work now. You got straight A's!)
گردآوري و تنظيم: www.majazionline.ir
|برچسب ها : CPE vocabulary-کتاب-زبان-سوالات ,|
آخرين مطالب ارسالي
-براي پاسخ سريع لطفا با شماره 09304293050 تماس بگيريد
1 - نظرات اسپم و تبليغاتي تاييد نخواهد شد.
2 - فقط نظراتي که جنبه عمومي داشته باشند تاييد و منتشر مي شوند.
3 - نظرات فينگليش تاييد نخواهند شد.
4 - هرگونه درخواست و يا حل مشکلات فقط در انجمن امکان پذير است.
5 - لطفا انتقادات و پيشنهادات و همچنين درخواست هاي خود را از بخش هاي تماس با ما و درخواستي ها ارسال نماييد.